4/02/2009

Typography Module Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module, and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Iv definitely improved my digital skills; working with Quark has made me work more precise with type and layout, learning new editing skills within the software, I now feel confident using Quark. My eye for good type has become more alert; I can identify typefaces more and appreciate good type when I see it.

What approaches to generating work and solutions to problems have you developed and how have they helped?
I now spend more time on developing ideas and concepts on paper before going straight to the computer, this is a much faster way of working for me and generates stronger results. Also, from a type point of view I test my work with different fonts and sizes, printing hard copies to see what exactly the outcome would be.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think I’m quite productive when concept working, the idea behind a design and what it communicates I believe is key to the design, therefore I dedicate most of my time on developing a designs concept to generate something impressive. I think I sway more towards logo and branding design, and feel I can apply type effectively within this area of design, I plan to continue to design logos and use my type skills to aid me.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully?
I feel I could have explored a broader range of type more in my journal, perhaps this is because I don’t have so much interest in some areas of type however. Also my analysis of found type could be more in depth and critical.

No comments: