6/10/2009

Portfolio and Presentation Evaluation

Over the second year I feel I have generated a number of high quality pieces of work which have come together in my portfolio. My portfolio has a good range of work, from animation, typography, packaging, digital illustration and branding. This benefits me as a designer, showing clients i have diversity and a wide range of skills and experiences. My portfolio has improved alot since the first year, this is basically due to my commitment on the course also improving, and therefore a higher standard of work has been produced.

When evaluating myself and preparing my presentation, I realised the second year of the course has been great for me. I have developed into a professional designer by taking on client live briefs. Also my confidence as a designer has significantly risen, i now take on any brief with confidence and am not afraid to try something new. Over the year I think i have produced more original work and kept each project fresh. As I go into the third year I'm aiming to improve the finishing and visualisation of my work. Photographing it in context and to a high standard is something i need to improve, and the the result of doing so will allow me to present my work in the best possible way.

As for work experience, i don't currently have a placement, however I have gained a lot of client experience this year with the Fashion Show Tickets and dNA Flyer design projects this year.

No comments: